Friday, March 19, 2010

Caring for My Skin

I am not very particular about caring for my skin. It's not that I have bad skin alhamdulillah. I think the truth is I'm somehow lazy about doing the daily skin care routine, so often, mostly at night, I'll end up skipping it.

Another thing that I believe is holding me back and contributing to this laziness is feeling like I'll run out of my wonderful clinique products if I use them too much.

Alhamdulillah because it's not too hard to find someone coming and going from the US to bring along some skin care products once in a while, when we first moved here last year, I figured that is what I would keep doing.

After a year and a half, I think differently. I don't want to depend on products from the US.  And I also do NOT want to spend alot on buying the same clinique products here in Egypt. I'm super frugal at heart. (It is indeed sad how they are very reasonably priced in the US and much pricier here in Egypt).

So here is what I am planning on doing.

Face wash: Instead of using the clinique soap bar(the clinique lady in the US suggested it would last longer than the liquid soap), I am insh'allah planning on switching to dove.
It seems to have great reviews and it's gentle on the skin. I also use it while taking a shower and I love it. Maybe it's time to try it on my face. And the BEST part is that it's CHEAP.

Exfoliant: Never been too particular about this. I'm super uncomfortable lathering on chemicals on my face, no matter who swears by what and how great it is. When it comes to this, all I am willing to do is use natural ingredients. And after some good old google searching, I may have found just the thing. I plan to try it out once a week insh'allah and then report to my readers (who are nonexistant right now :-) ).

Here is an Olive Oil Sugar Scrub that I found here:
  • 3 tbspn of EXTRA virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp honey
It should not be liquidy, oil or grainy. A mushy consistency is a must.

3/23/2010 Update: I have used Dove a few times and I find it to be a tad bit too drying for my face. So as of now, I'm thinking of trying Olay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment