Sunday, March 14, 2010

Let your child experiment with cheap stuff!

I had this small wind-up toy lying around the house.  It looked pretty much like this yellow one except ours was orange.

 Budi, my 5 year old, likes to experiment with things.  And he wanted to take this fish apart 'to see what it looks like on the inside'.

My first thought was .. oh no not another mess to clean up.  Alhamdulillah I was in a good mood, so I helped him find the right sized screw driver to take the little toy apart. 

Once the toy was taken completely apart, he was happy to know 'what it looked like on the inside'.  Then we helped eachother put it back together.

This is my little way of giving myself a pat on the back for being a mom.  It's so easy to beat ourselves up over mistakes we make as moms. It's equally important to remember the sweet bonding or learning moments you have with your children.



No comments:

Post a Comment