Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thankful and Feeling Peaceful Alhamdulillah!

I am so thankful for this much needed break that I got alhamdulillah. I am looking back to returning home. I am enjoying so thoroughly watching my parents dote on my kids. Subhanallah, the relationship between grandparents and grandkids is a really precious relationship.

Both my kids have gone to take a walk with my parents. While I get some time on the computer. Does it get any better than that?

My mom was sick and Budi was like her little helper, bringing her water, bringing her the prayer rug. Both of them were talking about how they are going to miss eachother.  Isn't that sooo sweet?

I also have things I hope to better myself in once I return:
-smile more! It's so simple and so important. I'm naturally a bit on the shy side and sometimes its hard for me to smile from ear to ear but I am going to try my best to put that behind me and just SMILE.
-be a better example for my kids.
-be more patient with kids

Also, on another note, when you go live in another country, you go through all these stages in terms of your acceptance and comfort level living in the new country and I think this trip to Pakistan flushed out a lot of feelings that were dormant within me about my own culture so I can embrace more comfortably the place where I live and appreciate the positives more than I did before alhamdulillah.  I feel like a weight was lifted off of me somehow alhamdulillah.

I noticed someone complaining about Egypt on a site I go to, and I just feel like I have no patience for that right now. I can understand that for different people the same place can feel so different, BUT at the same time I want to surround myself with people who are positive about where they live and are able to focus on more positive things in their life.

Aside from people, the main thing that I'm hoping to focus on once I return to Egypt is learning Arabic full force and finishing it within the next two years. It's something that I absolutely have to do at this point because my son will be in first grade and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm also looking forward to a peaceful, and spiritual Ramadan with my husband and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment