Thursday, January 20, 2011

No More Ms. Nice

There's times right before that time of the month when I really don't feel well. Like..Today.

I felt so irked and still do over something that isn't that big of a deal but TODAY it most definitely is getting under the skin.

I have several people in my life who have this habit of calling me and expecting me to pick up the phone every single time they call. And if i'm busy, and don't pick up the phone, in THAT case, I simply have to have a detailed 4 minute discussion about how they called me and when they called me, and what they called me for and THEN OF COURSE they expect me to let them know my reasons for why i didn't pick up the phone ...EVERY SINGLE TIME. 
Allah teaches us in the Quran that if you knock on someone's door and they don't answer after the 3rd time, RETURN.

Unfortunately these people have never heard of this. But oh wait, I think they have.

From me, in different words ofcourse. I've HINTED quite clearly that if i'm with my kids or in the bathroom, or SLEEPING for goodness sake, or busy I will NOT answer the phone. However, I will return their call insh'allah.

BUT WHO SAID THATS GOOD ENOUGH. Why should they listen to what I have to say?

They should continue w/ their thick headedness and almost demand to know why I didn't
pick up the phone every single time. It's like 'oh so whats your alibi this time?'

Oh how I love the sweet souls who call me , and THEN i call them back and miraculously we don't discuss how they called me and i didn't answer and on and on and on.

Someone THIS morning called me EIGHT TIMES. Can u believe it? They could have sent me a text message. They could have waited to have me return their call. But no! That wouldn't have been annoying enough! =)

And you know what it was about? About how they couldn't do such and such today for me like 6 hours later in the day. Uh yeh..the earth woulda had a big convulsion if you'd waited to get that off your chest.

And on top of that, 'i called you and it was busy last night and then ive been calling and  calling you'. Um yeh, I was asleep and as for last night, I have no idea what time you called cuz i never heard it. Must we have this mind numbing exchange once AGAIN?

Who cares that i called this person like twice in one day and their line was busy. B-I-G D-E-A-L. I wasn't flipping out about it.

Most of these people dying to get through to me (understandably since im soo incredibly important to the smooth functioning of their lives.....NOT) always cite something about 'but what if its an emergency'?

Um guess what, given my circumstances, if you really do have an emergency on your hands, for Lord's sake, hang up that phone and call someone like the police, the fire department, your driver, your husband, your wife, etc...you get the idea.

Will these people change? I doubt it. Perhaps I'll just decide to be blunt next time. No more Ms Nice.

I actually returned someone's call today and i think I half took it out on her. I told her something along the lines of 'look there's lots of phone calls I need to return sometimes so if you don't get through to me, just text me'. I'm almost sure she didn't take it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment